Easy as Pie #atozchallenge
Writing a book is as easy as pie.
I would be in jail for the number of times I’ve heard that and acted on my urge to throttle (synthetic fibers in atrocious colors , concrete, and bad food are a bad combo for me) the person who uttered those words in my presence. Neither baking a pie or writing a book are easy tasks. Both require patience, imagination, and endurance.
My pies are considered a thing of beauty. Crusts that flake and melt. Fillings that just fill you with joy. If the old-timey pie suppers were still a normal occurrence, I would have a line out the door for my pies and men prostrating themselves for a chance to sample my culinary talents.
From conception to execution, pie-making and writing are both time-intensive.
- Be patient with yourself, set reasonable goals and write everyday.
- Let your imagination frolic.
- Endure through the writer’s block and self-doubt.
No one ever needs to see you sweat, when they can sample the scrumptious-ness of your end product.
Check out other A to Z Challenge bloggers:
- Here’s the Story (WR)
- Rebekah Loper – Fantastical Ponderings
- Mama Bear Musings
- The Rabid Rainbow Ferret Society (WR)
- Lissa Clouser: A Quid for the Quill (WR)
- Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes (MI)
- Giggling Truckers Wife Writes
- ilima todd (WR)
- Multicolored Diary – Adventures in Storytelling (MI)
- Dianne Hartsock
- Editorial Stand (WR)
- Julie Flanders
- lovely squishable dreams
- J. L. Campbell (WR)
- Jamaican Kid Lit (BO)
- From This Side of the Pond
- WriterlySam (WR)
- Untethered Realms
- Cover Girls (BO)
- Carrie-Annes Magick Theatre (WR)
- Chrys Fey (WR)
- The Musings of a Hopeful & Pecunious Wordsmith
- Moon time tunes (WR)
- Sue Ann Bowling, Author (MI)
- Another Clean Slate
- Off the Beaten Plan (WR)
- Mainely Write