Let the games begin…
Hot Flashes has been out a week. I have to tell you, when a friend at work bought the hard copy and asked me to sign it? I did a happy dance inside and said I’d be happy to sign it.
Here’s a quick round-up of things I’ve learned so far:
- Keep a sense of humor. Only birth, death, and the taxman are definites. While the rest of life can leave a mark, you can chalk everything up to a learning experience.
- Formatting a manuscript for e-books (all file types) is a matter of paying attention to the company (Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, etc.) requirements. Yes, it can be done in MS Word with excellent results.
- Publishing anything is as time-consuming as my full-time job. Manage time and take care of yourself.
- Boxtox is apparently an approved migraine regime without the reduction of wrinkles. Not for the faint of heart as it is 29 individual injections in your head, neck, and shoulders (stick around, I’m full of lots of weird and not so fun facts).
- Numbers are benign, obsessively checking sales numbers is crazy-making. I’m only allowed to look at numbers every 4-5 days.
- Elevator pitches and an enthusiastic smile will spark interest in your projects.
- Gratitude is the best currency.
Happy Monday everyone!