The Next Big Thing Blog Hop
I’m terrible with questions. So, in advance, THANK YOU to the Evil Nymph.
‘The Next Big Thing’ is in fact a sort of blog hop post, in which I’ll have to answer questions and then choose other bloggers to answer them as well.
Here are the 10 questions.
1. What is the working title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
A writing exercise in a class – ‘Write about an object in your home that is important to you’. Well it all started with an Ethiopian sword.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
My main character Ella – a younger version of Joan Cusak.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Ella Hixson discovers dragons exist and she is one; now she must save a world she’s never set eyes on, understand her heritage, and stop The Chancellor from destroying all she cares about.
6. What is the longer synopsis of your book?
Ella Hixson wants a new life, one filled with adventure. Be careful what you wish for. Ella’s life is changed forever when she discovers dragons exist and she is one. She has enemies that have only one purpose, to kill Ella. She has no time to learn about her heritage before she is finds herself trying to save the world of her father and still protect all she holds dear.
7. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Honestly, I’m open to both options. They each have their own merit in this fast changing industry.
8. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
6 months. 12 billion drafts later…
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Doug Jones (playwright & actor in Richmond, VA) and his writing class – ‘The Creative Spark’
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
HOT FLASHES shows that heroines aren’t spring chickens. Ella uses her life experiences to tackle the challenges ahead of her. So what she’s a dragon, she has villains to defeat, worlds to save and still be home in time to feed the dog.
Now’s the fun part. I get to ping 2 people to show their stuff. (drum roll please!)
- Here’s… The Next Big Thing! (evilnymphstuff.wordpress.com)
- The Next Big Thing (steve-emmett.com)
- Next Big Thing (madgeniusclub.com)
- Next Big Thing Blogfest (janmorrill.wordpress.com)