Clogged Creative Arteries
Much like arterial plaque, stress has clogged my creative arteries. Only letting through enough to survive, but not enough to do much more.
I’m creating a stint that will reopen my arteries:
- I’m going back to having a stream of consciousness/brain dump file. My moods, good, bad or indifferent, are noted and I perform self therapy of sorts. When I start it all up again, it’s amazing how much I can get done.
- Write, Write, Write! No being too tired, sick or lazy. Even if it’s a sentence, I’ll get it done.
- Like my health, I need to develop a ‘healthy’ reading diet. This is as important as writing daily. While reading for pleasure is a necessity, reading for form and structure is just as important.
- Learn how to say ‘no’. ‘No’ is a good word to cultivate. I’ll be more assertive as I pick and choose what is important to me.
- Disconnect. I want to stay connected, collecting my information about the world, family and friends. Yet, my information storage capacity gets overwhelmed and it starts to shutdown. Turning off everything for a bit on a regular basis, allows me to process what I have.
There’s nothing worse than succumbing to creative atrophy. I’m pulling up my big girl panties up and getting back with the program. 🙂
BICHOK: Draino for your Writing Clog (http://letthewordsflow.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/5931/)