There be Dragons Ahead!
2011 has left us in its dust. 2012 lays before us, cloaked in hope, mystery, adventure, success and DRAGONS.
In the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon is driven, unafraid of challenges, and willing to take risks. They’re passionate in all they do and they do things in grand fashion. I may not have been born in a Dragon year, but I strive to emulate these attributes. As writers, we all need to channel our inner Dragons.
My writing goals are simple this year:
- Continue to write & publish my short stories.
- Get an agent and deal on my current manuscript.
- Manage my time better between work and writing.
- Finish the other two manuscripts I have started (at least the 20th revision of the first draft).
- Manage my stress, remember my passion for creating and writing.
What I’m doing cannot be accomlished with the snap of my fingers or the wiggle of my nose. The ‘simple’ is deceptive, as each goal requires careful tending. The key is to be patient as I work every goal.
What are your goals for the New Year?