My Reality Check…
Here is what my docket looks like for the next 2 1/2 months:
- Finish revising my query letter and tweaking my manuscript according to the feedback I received at the 2011 James River Writers Conference.
- Turn an unmentionable age.
- Turn NaNoWriMo to my advantage – I have my current and another project that I want to bang out the first draft on.
- Submit 2 short stories to magazines I’ve targeted.
- Survive the family and Thanksgiving.
- Not neglect my amazing dog – Quizz.
- Make it through December without landing in jail.
- AND, go to work every day.
Have you started to doubt my sanity? I have.
Here is my truth. I love writing. At this point in my life, I can make it a priority. I have found that the key to making it through to January is organization. Even if that means ‘scheduling’ down time, writing time and dog time to keep the bus rolling forward.
Some may say, ‘My MUSE will not be scheduled!’ I say to those people, you Muse appreciates a schedule. Writing when you are stressed to the gills, stealing time right and left, will only leave you dissatisfied and depressed. Introduce structure – it is your friend!
So, what are YOUR plans for the next couple of months? Inquiring minds want to know!